What do I do to trick people into thinking “my home doesn’t
always look like this” or “it’s been an off week”?
FAMILY:
Well, there is no tricking my sisters...we have helped each
other emergency clean before mom arrives many times. But in order to convince
mom that I’m not a slob I ALWAYS shove the dishes in the dishwasher and clean
the inside of the microwave. She always marks the amount of “neglect” by
failure to keep up with dishes and the presence of splatter in the microwave.
Sometime during her visit I will hear about the state of the microwave or see
her check it, it’s the first thing I attack if I have no time to prepare for
her arrival.
FRIENDS:
For college friends I bust out with the miscellaneous sock hamper.
They understand that laundry takes precedence over everything, sometimes to
include hygiene. That and nobody likes matching socks.
For other types of friends I corral them in the living area by
shutting doors and have a candle sitting on a warmer in an inconspicuous place.
The positive aroma gives the illusion of organized chaos and helps them to
relax amidst the debris.
MAINTENANCE PEOPLE:
I will live with inconvenience just as long as
it takes me to clean the path to it. Then I will shut my cats in the messiest
room so to discourage them from peeking.
That's hilarious! Just so you know, when I finally make it up there for a visit, you don't have to clean on our behalf. I'm so use to having a house that looks like my one year old runs it, LOL! ;)
ReplyDeleteI hope you're doing well otherwise. Miss you lots and hope to see you and Miss Eve again soon!!!
>>>HUGS<<<
Lauren