Thursday, July 21, 2011

LAST WEEK BCT

I forgot to clarify in my last post what the “gut truck” is. It is similar to an ice cream truck for soldiers. It holds protein bars, Gatorade, things that are considered a healthy treat for them to purchase.
I’m packed! Graduation is the 28th. Accompanying Babygirl and I will be my father-in-law. Nate’s father will from here on be referred to as “Sir” McCready. I have the trip all planned out. And, since Sir is accompanying me, I have a contingency plan. No, it doesn’t involve leaving him at the airport! I may hold grudges but I certainly don’t act upon them. ( I hope a certain friend is not reading this…) I haven’t heard from him in close to a month and we embark on our travels in less than a week.
*contingency plan* *cough*

McCready finished all combat training, the final APFT, a 4 day and 3 night field training exercise, and a 10 mile road march with a fifty pound ruck within 3 hours. He tells me his feet wish they could fall off rather than recover. He is sore. This week he is in “recovery”. They shaped and shaved their berets, cleaned their uniforms and weapons. Let me tell you, recovery costs money. They do this cleaning fee thing that is more than I’d pay. I got to speak with him on the phone three days in a row! That was three days ago. Now it’s killing me, when is he going to call!

This week I have seriously neglected my home…because I got a job! I am now a patient care provider. I will continue my Hospice volunteering as well and this will not conflict. I can even bring the baby, my homework, etc. The hours are when it is convenient for me! This job just fell in my lap the same day a tire exploded on my car. I was praying about financial difficulty, you know unexpected expenses such as these, and I was handed this opportunity as a reply. God is good, ALL THE TIME!

No comments:

Post a Comment