Monday, July 11, 2011

I have been so busy!

Babygirl stood up on her own for the first time on June 19th!
I kept my ten year old niece for a week and we entertained ourselves in almost every way possible: picnic, swimming, amusement park, zoo, yogurt shop, and more. I also watched three seasons of a mermaid show with her, marathon style. But I kindof liked it… Apparently she enjoys my cooking and sandwich making because she complimented me many times and told “mom” and “nana” (my sister and mom) that I make the best tuna sub sandwiches ever! “Better than yours [mom] and better than subway!” I then took her home. 

                Secret Tuna Recipe…Lol
                1 can of tuna in water
                Pickle relish,  amount unknown  keep adding until it looks even
                Mayonaisse,  amount unknown  just make it gooey

I never measure anything! Which is why, though I am an excellent chef, I cannot make stuff that comes in boxes. I am desperately awaiting the return of my husband during the Christmas holidays so that I may have macaroni and cheese.

Sunday June 26th - 3 hour phone call from Nate!
My niece and I went to church and then hauled it out of town! On the way Nate called and for the majority of the 3.5 hour drive I got to talk to him. He is doing well! Been doing road marches and what not, especially the what not…
 I took Nate’s Grandma L to Hobbs, NM for three days and two nights. Well, I paid for the hotel anyways. Grandma drove us the whole time. I am glad she did because I would have had my face buried in a map or a phone book the whole trip. It was fun and I enjoyed talking with her and her friends, listening to their memories, and the all-around good company. When we returned I spent quality time with my family in San Angelo! My Aunt and Uncle let Eve and I stay with them and then accompanied me to the Goodfellow AFB to get a military ID! In the photo I look like I’m missing half an eyebrow and I’m Mexican.
When I returned home to mom’s for a second time we immediately got back in the car and headed to the ballpark for dinner and a game, courtesy of mom’s company. On Saturday I went to my nephew and soon to be nephew-in-law’s double birthday party at Gatti’s and ate way too much. Afterwards I returned to my mom’s place and sleep for what seemed to others as forever! Good week.

Monday July 4th   - 3 hour phone call from Nate!
I went to Grandma L’s assisted living home for lunch and to listen to her choir perform patriotic songs for the fourth. While there Nate called me! I handed the phone to his grandmother and was she delighted to hear from him! I told him I was going to finish lunch and call him back, which gave him the opportunity to call others and check out the news online. I returned to my home that day and got to drive through a fire and smoke...we need rain. Fires are eating up everything around here and the farmers and ranchers are having to abandon crops and fields.

Sunday July 10th   - 30 minute, angsty phone call from Nate. Not much to report. He’s cranky from constantly being surrounded by 50 other guys, maybe a few men, of varying ages of maturity. One likes to get people worked up by screaming "GUT TRUCK!" and people flock to the atm. They killed him...don't worry, he's not on his ninth life yet. They have to do an 8 mile road march this week and 10 miles the next. Then Nate gets to see me and his Babygirl!

No comments:

Post a Comment